great people, horrible pay

Current Employee - Adjunct  in  Biddeford, ME
Current Employee - Adjunct in Biddeford, ME

I have been working at University of New England

Pros

my department chair is kind and generous, easy to work with.

Cons

working as an adjunct is no way to live. unless you want to live in Biddeford (no thanks), you need to commute 30+ minutes to work.
the adjunct pay is terrible. but that's a university issue- not my departments.

Other Reviews for University of New England

THE best place to work in Southern Maine!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Biddeford, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME

I have been working at University of New England full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Supportive leadership. Dynamic and useful academic programs for students. Encourages and promotes learning opportunities for faculty and staff. Not always focused on "just sit down and work"- annual fall assembly with President Ripich, various expos, health and wellness initiatives such as an annual 1-2 mile Fun Run/Walk. Family environment. Management acknowledges hard work. Encourages team unity. BEAUTIFUL campus on the ocean (and Portland has several historic buildings).

Cons

Having to work in the summer when the ocean looks so beautiful from our offices. :)

Keep up the hard work! We are here to support you!

Great benefits, competitive salaries with other private institutions, friendly work environment.

Current Employee - Faculty Member  in  Biddeford, ME
    Current Employee - Faculty Member in Biddeford, ME

I have been working at University of New England full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The University of New England Biddeford Campus is located on the coast of southern Maine. I love coming to work to take in the scenic ocean views. I have been an employee for 7 years and enjoy the friendly atmosphere and welcoming. I also appreciate our comprehensive and competitive benefit's package. The University is very progressive and fast paced which allows its employees an opportunity to be creative within their professional role. Their new athletic center - Alfond Forum is spectacular. Great to have our own ice!

Cons

The parking situation on both campuses is a huge annoyance but something we deal with.

I believe that the senior management should communicate more frequently to the employees on the progress that they are making and changes that may occur.

There are newer employer reviews for University of New England.

Worked for University of New England? Contribute to the Community!