University of New England

www.une.edu

Good place to go to college, bad place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Biddeford, ME
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME

Pros

My direct supervisor is wonderful, the pay is better than at USM (the local competition), the facilities are new or well maintained.

Cons

Constant turnover, senior staff and HR don't know how to effectively communicate, the IT department has been outsourced to a company that doesn't handle the job well (we joke that IT at UNE is Do it Yourself).

Get a better handle on HR and IT and please work on the turnover issue. Its embarassing and hurts morale. There was one VP who didn't even last three months!

Other reviews for University of New England

great people, horrible pay

Current Employee - Adjunct  in  Biddeford, ME
    Current Employee - Adjunct in Biddeford, ME

Pros

my department chair is kind and generous, easy to work with.

Cons

working as an adjunct is no way to live. unless you want to live in Biddeford (no thanks), you need to commute 30+ minutes to work.
    the adjunct pay is terrible. but that's a university issue- not my departments.

THE best place to work in Southern Maine!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Biddeford, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME

Pros

Supportive leadership. Dynamic and useful academic programs for students. Encourages and promotes learning opportunities for faculty and staff. Not always focused on "just sit down and work"- annual fall assembly with President Ripich, various expos, health and wellness initiatives such as an annual 1-2 mile Fun Run/Walk. Family environment. Management acknowledges hard work. Encourages team unity. BEAUTIFUL campus on the ocean (and Portland has several historic buildings).

Cons

Having to work in the summer when the ocean looks so beautiful from our offices. :)

Keep up the hard work! We are here to support you!

There are newer employer reviews for University of New England.

Worked for University of New England? Contribute to the Community!