There are newer employer reviews for University of Newcastle (UK)

Teaching assistant

I have been working at University of Newcastle (UK) part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent pay and work-place conditions.

Cons

A lot of work, which may extend into the weekend.

24 Other Employee Reviews for University of Newcastle (UK) (View Most Recent)

very happy with my work and life in the university of newcastle

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Newcastle (Australia)
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Newcastle (Australia)

I have been working at University of Newcastle (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

nice working viber, efficient research styles, first-class excellent research facilities, professional experts in the field of my reseach

Cons

newcastle is a middle city in australia so the city is not so tumultuous. it is very quite which to some extent gives rise to the boring life living in this city however you can find your way for fun.

should provide more opportunities for the young career researches to gain research grants

Felt safe, but hard to progress

I worked at University of Newcastle (UK)

Pros

Safe job, friendly colleagues, great location, opportunities for development but less so on career development i.e promotions do not happen you need to work your way up the salary scale. Great recycling system. Flexi time a good way to promote work/life balance. Regular events held for all staff eg uni Xmas light switch on.

Cons

Some duties carried out were on a higher remit than grade, though recognition was given. A lot of people set in their ways. Pay not great.

I think Chris Brink is doing the best he can in light of the current situation; it is a good sought after university and students should continue to be attracted by it.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Newcastle (UK)

Worked for University of Newcastle (UK)? Contribute to the Community!