University of North Carolina

www.northcarolina.edu
  www.northcarolina.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of North Carolina

I have loved my time at UNC

Current Employee - Grad Student
Current Employee - Grad Student

I have been working at University of North Carolina

Pros

People are friendly and helpful. The campus is beautiful. The work culture is exciting and motivating while also being relaxed and supportive.

Cons

State budget cuts easily threaten many jobs and programs, but this is to be expected at any state school in the current economy.

Those of you with whom I have worked are doing a good job and the chairs and deans with whom I have worked directly have all been exceptional.

199 Other Employee Reviews for University of North Carolina (View Most Recent)

Not as expected, but glad I did

Current Employee - Program Coordinator
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator

I have been working at University of North Carolina

Pros

The opportunity to work at the flagship UNC system university that is well known and well respected throughout the state. Looks great on the resume/vita.
    Though the opportunity for career growth is limited, the opportunity to gain a variety of skills is a huge plus.

Cons

Operates much like any other large governmental agency - policitics - who you know and how you know them. Make NO enemies, be-friend everyone, and watch your own back. Management, PI, co - workers or human resources will not help you. Succeed and everybody wins, fail - fail alone!

Say what you mean and mean what you say. Treat your staff equally; for example if X can work from home, Y can too - no exceptions! Stop letting staff go at the end of a grant cycle, only to hire someone else when the next one starts. We know and it hurts!!

Great place to live and work.

I have been working at University of North Carolina

Pros

Great place to live for families, nice places to visit and to eat also. Great to be part of Research Triangle.

Cons

Small city but beautifull and great academic oportunities. Travelling to visit my family is a little difficult because it is not a great city.

Health insurance for whole family would be great, better than just for the postdoctoral associate, also free classes for families would be great.

There are newer employer reviews for University of North Carolina

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!