University of North Carolina

www.northcarolina.edu

Solid academics and graduate training

Research Associate (Current Employee) Chapel Hill, NC

ProsLots of biomedical core facilities expedite research. Program advisers are dedicated to student welfare and progress toward degree completion. Huge capacity to collaborate among laboratories and across disciplines.

ConsIndividual PIs can be difficult. Management largely deals with individual conflicts as they arise and tends to have a problem with dealing with a PI who has chronic student and management problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter feedback for students in a PIs lab followed up with enforcement or counseling for the PI as to how to better manage their students and come in line with the expectation and standards of the department.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

PhD Student (Current Employee) Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at University of North Carolina

Pros: Weather and area! Great programs, friendly people. Cons: A more open work environment would be nicer. Advice to Senior Management: In terms of the PhD program, I'd recommend some more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Pleasant, positive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at University of North Carolina

Pros: Opportunies for academic development, open-minded work environment Cons: Limited career development for some positions. Less competitive compensation… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of North Carolina.

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!