University of North Carolina

www.northcarolina.edu
  www.northcarolina.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of North Carolina

Enjoyable work environment, not much room for growth for staff

Former Employee - Student Services Specialist in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Student Services Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at University of North Carolina full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Loved the environment, my co-workers, the faculty and students. Great challenges, supportive colleagues, never a dull day!

Cons

As staff (not faculty), I felt that there was little room for career advancement without completely changing departments and job areas. In 5 1/2 years my salary increases were mostly from legislative action and when those stopped due to the recession, I saw this as a dead-end job.

More professional development for staff. The University does a much better job in supporting and encouraging the careers of its faculty than it does for SPA staff.

217 Other Employee Reviews for University of North Carolina (View Most Recent)

A great experience for student employee

Former Employee - Assistant in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at University of North Carolina part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have opportunity to meet new students. There is flexible hours to choose from. Workload is not heavy. Mostly time, you have opportunity to work on your own personal stuff. The employers are friendly and helpful. Co-workers are nice and willing to help you. It is on campus so you don't have work outside. It is a great work study position to apply for.

Cons

There are night shifts. You may have to cover shift for others if they are unable to come due to illness or personal issues. You may have trouble with new technologies. It is a like a work and learn experience.

Positive. I only did a temp position, but the staff was friendly and accepting.

I worked at University of North Carolina as a contractor

Pros

Fun staff, great campus, easy to get around, offices are nice and well furnished.

Cons

Hiring process takes a long time. Terrible pay for contract/temp work, not much opportunity to stay on.

There are newer employer reviews for University of North Carolina