University of North Carolina

www.northcarolina.edu
  www.northcarolina.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of North Carolina

UNC is a good place to do graduate work

Former Employee - Graduate Student in Chapel Hill, NC
Former Employee - Graduate Student in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at University of North Carolina full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Supportive environment for grad students

Cons

- Depends on which lab you choose to do research

217 Other Employee Reviews for University of North Carolina (View Most Recent)

Student Accounts Associate

Former Employee - Student Accounts Associate
    Former Employee - Student Accounts Associate

I worked at University of North Carolina as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, great campus, great atmosphere. The students were generally friendly and working with them was a good experience. The managers were good leaders and took suggestions well.

Gives lots of opportunities to students or recent graduates looking for a entry-level job. There are plenty of research jobs available. See the career services for more assistance.

Cons

The parking is terrible. Be sure to take a bus or pay for a parking lot space if you decide to work here. Parking is not guaranteed to employees.

The parents of the students who I helped were very stuck up and entitled. If you are working with parents of UNC students, be prepared to be constantly frustrated with their antics. They will argue with you, refuse to learn information for themselves, demand that you do things that is outside your hands, and argue with you until they get their way .

Listen to the students about making changes to the websites. The financial websites (tuition, financial aid, department deposits, etc) are very difficult to navigate.

Very flexible, generous, and understanding employer

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at University of North Carolina part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, able to set my own hours and location, very supportive supervisor who let me make up hours later if I had big projects for school due, paid tuition and benefits on top of hourly pay

Cons

There were not too many cons involved with working for UNC. Sometimes, the hours were a bit much considering I was also in school full-time. There was not as much supervision as I would have liked, but my supervisor was great and understanding (just busy), so I do not fault her.

There are newer employer reviews for University of North Carolina