University of North Carolina

Student Accounts Associate

Former Employee - Student Accounts Associate
Former Employee - Student Accounts Associate

I worked at University of North Carolina as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, great campus, great atmosphere. The students were generally friendly and working with them was a good experience. The managers were good leaders and took suggestions well.

Gives lots of opportunities to students or recent graduates looking for a entry-level job. There are plenty of research jobs available. See the career services for more assistance.

Cons

The parking is terrible. Be sure to take a bus or pay for a parking lot space if you decide to work here. Parking is not guaranteed to employees.

The parents of the students who I helped were very stuck up and entitled. If you are working with parents of UNC students, be prepared to be constantly frustrated with their antics. They will argue with you, refuse to learn information for themselves, demand that you do things that is outside your hands, and argue with you until they get their way .

Listen to the students about making changes to the websites. The financial websites (tuition, financial aid, department deposits, etc) are very difficult to navigate.

197 Other Employee Reviews for University of North Carolina (View Most Recent)

My first experience as a state employee

Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at University of North Carolina full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment and appreciation of research

Cons

Too much work to do to be able to enjoy what should be perks, such as taking classes; PARKING; no raises, poor pay; lack of supplies - I don't have the things I need to be able to do my job well; lack of office space

Since the state makes it difficult to give pay raises, etc, try to foster employee satisfaction in other ways

Good Benefits, Good People

Former Employee - Director  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Director in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at University of North Carolina full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, solid benefits package, good network for future positions for those with diverse skills versus niche.

Cons

Lack of professional development opportunities, hard to move up within individual departments.

There are newer employer reviews for University of North Carolina

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!