University of North Texas
www.unt.edu Denton, TX 5000+ Employees

A fun environment with some good and bad people.

Student Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at University of North Texas part-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay for a part time student position, flexible hours, you work with many other students which can be pretty fun, and the pay is relatively good.

ConsSome management was very shady in ways they handled things. The department I worked in received a pay cut in order to save some money for a new building as well as every other department minus one who received a pay raise. This department did not deserve a raise, received no new responsibilities, and did practically nothing aside from having a pretty face. Overall many departments were upset because the top tier management made all decisions without even consulting our managers or asking for advice on how to do things. Eventually they asked for their advice after enough people from multiple departments complained and things were rearranged to satisfaction. My position specifically went from $15/hr to $9/hr at first. We later got it raised to $11/hr do to logical complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou hold an open door policy but many people feel that if they ever came in with a complaint or issue that they'd be fired. Be a bit more transparent, work as a team and don't just do everything YOU feel is correct.

i enjoy the work here

Research Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of North Texas part-time for less than a year

Pros: You get good experience about your field of study. Nice… Cons: There is no disadvantage in working with university of north… Advice to Senior Management: You people just awesome. Thank you Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

UNT is a great place to work with a strong and diverse culture

Director of Decision Support (Former Employee)

I worked at University of North Texas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: UNT maintains a collegial and collaborative environment where consensus is valued. There is an abundance of… Cons: UNT is not as salary competitive as the broader market There is not as strong an alignment… Advice to Senior Management: Two things: 1) Continue to accelerate the process toward evidence-based management. 2) Continue to embrace diversity - gender,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of North Texas.

Worked for University of North Texas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of North Texas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of North Texas CEO V. Lane Rawlins. All reviews posted anonymously by University of North Texas employees.