There are newer employer reviews for University of North Texas

Nice work environment.

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Denton, TX
Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Denton, TX

I have been working at University of North Texas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

UNT seems to be on par with most major universities in terms of science graduate student pay. Decent benefits.

Cons

UNT does not always help pay for tuition. Seems to be very professor dependent which student gets scholarships and fellowships.

183 Other Employee Reviews for University of North Texas (View Most Recent)

A fun environment with some good and bad people.

Former Employee - Student Technician in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Student Technician in Denton, TX

I worked at University of North Texas part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for a part time student position, flexible hours, you work with many other students which can be pretty fun, and the pay is relatively good.

Cons

Some management was very shady in ways they handled things. The department I worked in received a pay cut in order to save some money for a new building as well as every other department minus one who received a pay raise. This department did not deserve a raise, received no new responsibilities, and did practically nothing aside from having a pretty face. Overall many departments were upset because the top tier management made all decisions without even consulting our managers or asking for advice on how to do things. Eventually they asked for their advice after enough people from multiple departments complained and things were rearranged to satisfaction. My position specifically went from $15/hr to $9/hr at first. We later got it raised to $11/hr do to logical complaints.

You hold an open door policy but many people feel that if they ever came in with a complaint or issue that they'd be fired. Be a bit more transparent, work as a team and don't just do everything YOU feel is correct.

i enjoy the work here

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Denton, TX
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Denton, TX

I have been working at University of North Texas part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get good experience about your field of study. Nice people and nice working environment

Cons

There is no disadvantage in working with university of north texas

You people just awesome. Thank you

There are newer employer reviews for University of North Texas