University of North Texas
www.unt.edu Denton, TX 5000+ Employees

Good people but hard to move up

Denton, TX

ProsGood benefits--great health insurance and retirement plan. The tuition discount is also amazing for anyone who wants to take some classes. The campus is nice and it's awesome to work with students.

ConsComparatively low pay to other universities in the area. Difficult to get promoted as a staff member, though I have no idea what it's like as faculty.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that we are here first and foremost to serve students and to educate. I think a lot of upper level staff start to think of the school like a private business.

Nice perks, no advancement opportunities

Development Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at University of North Texas full-time for more than a year

Pros: Discount on tuition, access to fitness center, set hours that… Cons: Top down approach that rarely considers the opinions of anyone below management level.… Advice to Senior Management: Consult with the employees before you make changes that you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wonderful working for a large university.

Student Contact Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at University of North Texas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The biggest pro to working for UNT is the insurance benefits and paid time off. Generally whenever class is not in session most office… Cons: The biggest con about working at UNT was the fact that it is extremely difficult to be promoted upwardly rather than laterally. I was… Advice to Senior Management: Look more closely at employees that have been with you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of North Texas.

Worked for University of North Texas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of North Texas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of North Texas CEO V. Lane Rawlins. All reviews posted anonymously by University of North Texas employees.