University of North Texas
www.unt.edu Denton, TX 5000+ Employees

Wonderful working for a large university.

Student Contact Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at University of North Texas full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe biggest pro to working for UNT is the insurance benefits and paid time off. Generally whenever class is not in session most office are closed, this is in addition to your paid vacation and sick leave. Most of the amenities that are available to the students are available to employees, some with a modest fee but nothing compared to what you would pay off campus.

ConsThe biggest con about working at UNT was the fact that it is extremely difficult to be promoted upwardly rather than laterally. I was there from July 2007 to January 2011 and ended with the same position and salary I started with. I applied for over 45 jobs throughout the campus and received only a handful of interviews and no other offers. This is the same for just about all of my coworkers. My position could not even be expanded so that I could be offered a larger salary, you get what you start with. The only reason I no longer work at UNT was because I had no future there. It is deplorable in my opinion to work four years in one job with no promotion nor salary increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more closely at employees that have been with you for years to promote rather than consistently looking outside the university.

Good people but hard to move up

Denton, TX

I have been working at University of North Texas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits--great health insurance and retirement plan. The tuition discount is also amazing for anyone who… Cons: Comparatively low pay to other universities in the area. Difficult to get promoted… Advice to Senior Management: Remember that we are here first and foremost to serve students and to educate. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice work environment.

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Denton, TX

Pros: UNT seems to be on par with most major universities… Cons: UNT does not always help pay for tuition. Seems to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of North Texas.

Worked for University of North Texas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of North Texas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of North Texas CEO V. Lane Rawlins. All reviews posted anonymously by University of North Texas employees.