University of Nottingham

www.nottingham.ac.uk

A rewarding - and challenging - place to work.

Learning Technologist (Current Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsYou are given the opportunity to explore new ways of working and develop solutions in an independent way. Imaginative and effective contributions are well recognised and reasonably well rewarded. Most of ones colleagues are appreciative, friendly and motivated.

ConsManagement structures are sometimes unresponsive. Staff are not frequently encouraged to undertake new or varied duties and there can therefore be a culture of time-serving devotion to old ways of doing things which can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to a wider range of staff, particularly in matters realting to the overall strategy of the University. Have a bit more faith in the long term reputation of the University for its key strengths in teaching and research and not to be too frightened of short term negative publicity.

It was awesome!

I have been working at University of Nottingham

Pros: Everything was so super cool. I loved it Cons: It was sometimes boring okay More

My experience has overall been positive. Excellent academic staff and able administrators.

Teaching Associate (Current Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at University of Nottingham as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Strong research and teaching environments and high-quality students. Cons: Occasional interference in academic reserach/teaching by management rulings. Advice to Senior Management: Leadership is fine, as long as it does not lead to interference with academic work. Also, while getting positive student ratings are important, it is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Nottingham.

Worked for University of Nottingham? Contribute to the Community!