There are newer employer reviews for University of Oregon

Fun times with Zebrafish

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Eugene, OR
Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Eugene, OR

I have been working at University of Oregon part-time (less than an year)

Pros

A great work environment with friendly and helpful people. I was always able to find something to do or get help if I needed it. I immediately felt at home in the lab and definitely recommend it for others.

Cons

Though I enjoy my time working in the University or Oregon's Labs, I would have liked to have gotten more hours, which were somewhat limited.

108 Other Employee Reviews for University of Oregon (View Most Recent)

Not bad, but glad to leave.

Former Employee - Graduate Teaching Fellow in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Graduate Teaching Fellow in Eugene, OR

I worked at University of Oregon part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with students can be very rewarding, facilities are fairly up-to-date, the campus is nice and walkable, lots of bike parking.

Cons

Changed my tax withholding status without asking or informing me. Bureaucratic nightmare is poorly run and difficult to navigate. Very little actual support from facilities services, and often condescending. No other job options in area if UO does not work out. Serious network connectivity issues for Macs, and IT does not know *anything* about Macs, or how to help.

Purchase some standard accounting software, because what you have is borderline unusable by *all* parties, including employees in accounting.

Get new or different IT so that Macs receive connectivity support.

Place an inexpensive laptop in each lecture room to give slideshows on, because the cables used to connect personal computers are frequently in poor repair and therefore don't work, or work badly.

Have some sort of system by which GTFs may have a cheap loaner computer for a few weeks if need be. Computers on campus cannot reasonably be used to answer student emails at all hours.

GTFs would be able to spend more time and effort on teaching and graduating if they were paid more than low poverty wages. Even in reduced cost student housing, wages are a tight squeeze.

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Eugene, OR

I worked at University of Oregon

Pros

Lots of opportunities to get work experience depending on your area of focus.

Cons

Tough to move up if you don't have an advanced degree.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Oregon