University of Oregon

www.uoregon.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of Oregon

The University of Oregon offers a comfortable place to work and the flexibility to pursue your interests.

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Eugene, OR
Current Employee - Assistant Director in Eugene, OR

I have been working at University of Oregon

Pros

The Division of Student Affairs allows me the opportunity to pursue new programs that are best for the students. Though each office under the umbrella of this division is unique, the leadership of many of the offices that I network with routinely is supportive of allowing members of their staff to be on the frontier of better programming.

The salary and benefits package is acceptable. With health insurance costs rising and many private companies offering high-priced, low-coverage packages, I am very satisfied with this benefit. If you were simply view my salary you would not be overly impressed. However, the cost of living here makes the salary more than adequate. The other issue with salary is that some staff members in similar positions have different pay for similar work.

Cons

Information Services is a barrier to success. Formerly Computing Services, by and large the services being provided by them are terribly sub-standard. I and many of my colleagues are forced to do without software improvements that would have increased efficiency or we must work around Information Services to obtain the software we "need" to progress. I am hopeful that a recent change in the administration will be able to focus attention on this inadequacy.

The possibility for career advancement is adequate. However, the path to advancement is not clearly defined. Senior Management does not appear to communicate the steps a staff member should take to increase their likelihood for advancement.

Senior Managers would increase their worth by providing a more clear strategic plan and direction to their divisions and offices. Even providing a single goal that we should pursue would be a strong step forward.

130 Other Employee Reviews for University of Oregon (View Most Recent)

Mills International Center

I worked at University of Oregon

Pros

Great Laid-Back Staff always willing to help visitos

Cons

Not Enough training, high turnover

Reorganize. Get new blood.

Good atmosphere, great people. It gave me much pleasure to work at this institution. I am sorry I had to leave.

I worked at University of Oregon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Salary, Good office atmosphere, working hours, leadership

Cons

Benefits are very limited, no water

There are newer employer reviews for University of Oregon