University of Phoenix

www.phoenix.edu
  www.phoenix.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

There was Limited growth and opportunity

Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Snellville, GA
Former Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Snellville, GA

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free college degree. working with student to help them achieve their goals

Cons

incompetent management. frequent policy changes. more focus should be placed on employee happiness. below market compensation. will lay you off if you have a medical leave.

Get some integrity and stop forgetting where you came from.

708 Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix (View Most Recent)

Put Students First and Learn to Play the Game and You'll Be Fine

Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Diamond Bar, CA
    Former Employee - Mid-Level Manager in Diamond Bar, CA

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Most staff and students are awesome to work with and if you stay open to it you can really watch people grow on a daily basis. Tuition reimbursement is never a bad thing and you can definitely work full-time and go to school.

Cons

If you don't adapt well to constant change this is probably not the place for you.

Sit for one week in each student facing role every year when you are working on your SWOT analysis. This is the only way you will truly understand what staff and students are experiencing. Previous CEO's did this and the company thrived. Sad that you haven't done this more often and in multiple campus locations because they are each unique. Don't make decisions without this kind of hands-on experience because you only serve to alienate good people who actually care about helping students achieve their goals.

I do contact work for UOP, and the support is great.

Current Employee - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

The University of Phoenix has a very professional atmosphere, excellent setup, and you can work at home. I enjoy meeting students from all over the world. The classroom is set up for immediate access to class materials. There is a wonderful online library. UOP offers excellent pay and retirement benefits. There is excellent visionary leadership in Bill Pepicello.

Cons

There are very few solicitations and opportunities for work. I have been employed with them for 6 years, and my first few years were very busy. I even trained future faculty members, but that has since declined.

None