University of Phoenix

www.phoenix.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

Working at UoP has been a very good experience - but the future of this company and industry is unknown

Current Employee - Performance Coach in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Performance Coach in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Mission of organization, quality product

Cons

Current climate of industry makes potential for career growth unknown

Focus on transparency and staff development

746 Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix (View Most Recent)

Disappointed--From okay, to bad, to worse

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome product, that is online education. Small classroom size, actual professors that teach in the fields they work, staff that genuinely cares for their students.

Cons

Extremely poor leadership, very inept management, no opportunity for growth. The company is shrinking because they operated under a flawed model for way too long. They don't promote anymore, and when they did promote you better be both young and good looking. It all about style over substance.

Listen to those at the bottom of the organization many of whom actually have a brain and a pulse on the marketplace. Get rid of about 70% of the front-line managers, they are worthless. Enough of the arrogance and the sense of royalty that is constantly on display by those in upper-middle and upper management. Also, enough of this crazy flavor of the month strategery for improvement that you are constantly putting on those at the bottom, we have not taken any of this seriously for some time. You better realize that our competition is kicking our a$$ and if you all don't find a way to compete especially from a price standpoint, then the company will be half of its size today five years from now.

Nice extra income

Current Contractor - Adjunct Faculty in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Contractor - Adjunct Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

University of Phoenix will keep you busy with courses all year, depending on which school you are teaching in. It has been great supplemental income and the students are fun to work with.

Cons

It is not very personal, however, if you are great at working independently, you will enjoy teaching here.

I would love to see some reaching out to the faculty in a more personal manner. Even though I know my feedback is read and considered, it would be nice to have someone that knows me more personally.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix