Easy job but no opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are looking for a steady job with 40 hours, you will find it here. The opportunity to work full time and go to school to earn your degree is definitely here.

Cons

There is nowhere for you to go, management opportunities are slim and even the option to make additional money is almost abandoned altogether.

Create more places for strong employees to grow into instead of drawing names from a hat for promotions.

Other Reviews for University of Phoenix

Not what it used to be

Former Employee - Enrollment Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Enrollment Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Nashville campus has developed an excellent culture in which every employee is valued and treated fairly. We were all on the same page and working towards the same goals. If you have something that you need to discuss with campus leadership, their doors are always open. They listen to their people and make adjustments when necessary. I'm sure that there are other campuses out there with a similar culture.

Cons

Unfortunately, senior leadership at the organization can not say the same. The company as a whole is headed in the wrong direction. They aren't listening to their people nor are they compensating them fairly. They are pushing online enrollments an seeing huge dropout rates and ignoring local campus success rates. They say that there is career progression, but it is a broken system and of no value to the organization or its people. Having been a manager at UOP for the past 7 years, I found it increasingly difficult to keep my team motivated when the organization did nothing to promote career progression. There is little motivation for front line employees to perform beyond the most basic expectations. These are contributing factors as to why they have seen a 40+% decrease in total student enrollment in the past two years.

You are headed in the wrong direction. What was once a great place to work is now a sinking ship because you aren't in tune with what your students or your staff need. Three years ago I would have given UOP a five star rating. Now it is lucky to get three.

Sad ending as the school closed two sites

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

pay wasfamily great while things did not change

Cons

management was unfair by hiring friends and

be more ethical in hiring process

There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!