University of Phoenix

There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

It's been a long tough 2 recent years

Current Employee - Student Services Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Student Services Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The Salary and benefits are good.

Cons

Morale is terrible, and they don't really seem to know what to do to help the University to succeed in this new environment. They throw a lot of things out there and hope they stick, but there isn't a lot of follow through or real commitment to initiatives.

Be sure that middle management is communicating the same message you are! What is presented by the executives sounds like a great message, but the ideas are not communicated nor reinforced by Middle Management. In turn, front line managers get mixed messages and there is no clear vision of what success looks like in our own role and in the role of our employess.

709 Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix (View Most Recent)

Has it ups and downs...

Current Employee - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoy the interaction with studensts. I enjoy helping people who are trying hard to improve their life situations through education. The university provides workshops to expand expertise in teaching methods. The classroom technology is very good and makes it easy to be organized and effective.

Cons

Fewer and fewer classes are being scheduled. Enrollment has sharply declined. Management practices directly affecting faculty are not clearly explained.

Let the faculty know how scheduling decisions are made. Let the faculty know how approved courses are determined. Let the individual faculty member know when changes are made to his or her approved courses.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In my position, I get to work from home. I have total control over my schedule and feel appreciated by management.

Cons

The only downside is that I feel that I should be making more money.

The advice I would give would be to provide its employees with adequate salaries,especially when they have been there for a long time.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix