University of Phoenix
www.phoenix.edu Phoenix, AZ 150 to 499 Employees

Has it ups and downs...

Faculty (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsI enjoy the interaction with studensts. I enjoy helping people who are trying hard to improve their life situations through education. The university provides workshops to expand expertise in teaching methods. The classroom technology is very good and makes it easy to be organized and effective.

ConsFewer and fewer classes are being scheduled. Enrollment has sharply declined. Management practices directly affecting faculty are not clearly explained.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the faculty know how scheduling decisions are made. Let the faculty know how approved courses are determined. Let the individual faculty member know when changes are made to his or her approved courses.

Easy job but no opportunities to grow

Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you are looking for a steady job with 40 hours, you will find it here.… Cons: There is nowhere for you to go, management opportunities are slim… Advice to Senior Management: Create more places for strong employees to grow into instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I love my job!

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: In my position, I get to work from home. I… Cons: The only downside is that I feel that I should… Advice to Senior Management: The advice I would give would be to provide its employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on University of Phoenix.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Phoenix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Phoenix CEO Dr. William Pepicello. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Phoenix employees.