There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

Has it ups and downs...

Current Contractor - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ
Current Contractor - Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

I enjoy the interaction with studensts. I enjoy helping people who are trying hard to improve their life situations through education. The university provides workshops to expand expertise in teaching methods. The classroom technology is very good and makes it easy to be organized and effective.

Cons

Fewer and fewer classes are being scheduled. Enrollment has sharply declined. Management practices directly affecting faculty are not clearly explained.

Let the faculty know how scheduling decisions are made. Let the faculty know how approved courses are determined. Let the individual faculty member know when changes are made to his or her approved courses.

reviews filtered by
  1. I love my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In my position, I get to work from home. I have total control over my schedule and feel appreciated by management.

Cons

The only downside is that I feel that I should be making more money.

The advice I would give would be to provide its employees with adequate salaries,especially when they have been there for a long time.

2. Easy job but no opportunities to grow

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a steady job with 40 hours, you will find it here. The opportunity to work full time and go to school to earn your degree is definitely here.

Cons

There is nowhere for you to go, management opportunities are slim and even the option to make additional money is almost abandoned altogether.

Create more places for strong employees to grow into instead of drawing names from a hat for promotions.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix