University of Phoenix
www.phoenix.edu Phoenix, AZ 150 to 499 Employees

Alright, but not a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked at a campus that had great employees who really tried to do what was best for the student. I was fortunate enough to have a set of good managers who helped me improve my skills, and set me up for future jobs outside of UOP.

ConsThere is no room for growth. I worked here for over 3 years and there was never a promotion opportunity. Management at the campus level is being pulled in too many directions and this tends to create a snowball effect that rolls onto the EA's.... There is the constant fear of losing one's job and micromanagement is a BIG problem. Upper management and execs are too detached from the day to day functions of the Advisor roles to be affective. And I am coming from a good campus.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement does not listen so this advice would go on deaf ears

Academic Counselor

Academic Counselor (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix for more than 5 years

Pros: Helping students achieve their goals is rewarding; your days go by fast because you are… Cons: Micromanagement is common; not very many opportunities to move up in position; executives… Advice to Senior Management: Managers that are humble, always wanting to learn, lead by example,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work!

Adjunct Online Instructor (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at University of Phoenix part-time for more than 8 years

Pros: They really take care of their staff Cons: No cons from my perspective Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on University of Phoenix.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Phoenix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Phoenix CEO Dr. William Pepicello. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Phoenix employees.