Enjoyed my time at University of Phoenix

Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Enrollment Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training and wonderful people to work with. University of Phoenix promotes team work offering many different events through out the year to break up your work day. This company believes in giving back to the community, they also offer very good benefits.

Cons

For this position you must enjoy phone work. This was difficult for me as I would start at 7 am in the morning and although I would consider myself a happy morning person, that did not necessarily cross over into wanting to talk on the phone that early. This company is also continually changing, so if you can't handle change you may want to look else where for employment.

Advice to Management

I was fortunate to have a manager who did not micro-manage, however I saw many managers who did. If you are hiring people who need to be micro-managed maybe you are hiring the wrong people.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix

1. Under performing

Former Employee - Enrollment Manager
    Former Employee - Enrollment Manager

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The university does well teaching its students.

Cons

Stock price went from $60-80 per share down to a low of $15 per share. Need I say more? The VP's continue to take yearly bonuses as they lay off 1,000's of staff members each year.

Advice to Management

Stop taking $$$ for personal gain as you devour a once rich learning environment.

2. Unfortunate but true "it is sad for an educational institute to better peoples' lives without internal ethics"

Former Employee - Online Enrollment Advisor
    Former Employee - Online Enrollment Advisor

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* lots of nice employees to work with and that they deserve better * feels great when helping better a person's life "if appropriate" * good benefits

Cons

* Sales job: sign up students and get referrals from them to get more students * don't know the truth, you just say and read the scripts they give you. for example about that they might be put on probation by their accreditation * most team managers are not supposed to be managers and not qualified for it * lots of gasps and it gets to managers * lack of training * HR department is to protect the company from its employees At the end, i would say sadly: it is unfortunate that a big educational institute that we believe it is built to help better peoples' lives and future, that has no values and ethics

Advice to Management

get closer monitoring on managers and directors. work for people not only for money. and better training your employees