There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

Ppar

Current Employee - Online Faculty  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Online Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Training and upgrading faculty skills; commitment to student success; the latest in online technology; excellent faculty and student resources; salary based on years of service, good standing and educational level, and frequent faculty assessment for self-improvement.

Cons

Learning platform has frequent changes and courses are revised. This causes course preparation to be outdated quickly while faculty is scrambling to meet new course requirements; sometimes technological issues are not totally worked out before going "live." It can be difficult to determine who one's immediate supervisor is, there are so many staff members reviewing you. Information is often rapid fire, and it is easy to miss important news or details.

I understand management cannot share all information with employees, but it is often difficult to determine criteria for hiring or advancement, both of which seem to occur in-house rather than through interview. Many of the faculty feel loyalty is one-sided.

655 Other Employee Reviews for University of Phoenix (View Most Recent)

Great employer but be prepared for change even before a process or plan is rolled-out.

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, tuition benefits are generous, professional development championed, flexible, ahead of the curve in terms of for profit higher Ed.

Cons

Change happens constantly. Be prepared to manage it. Local campus support limited. Online dominates changes and decisions.

There is tremendous talent among managers and line level employees. Campus Director and above leave a lot to be desired. Not motivational at all.

5 years

Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at the University for 5 years. The employees are friendly. Obtaining a degree is basically free, you have to pay a resource fee of $80 a class but this is virtually nothing. They pay relatively well.

Cons

Nothing to say, I have worked here for 5 years and feel like I am stuck in the position I am in now. Management is never fired no matter how horrible they are.

Take a closer look at the managers running the TAC and fire the ones that don't perform.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Phoenix

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!