University of Phoenix
www.phoenix.edu Phoenix, AZ 150 to 499 Employees

Disorganized, poor management of faculty

Adjunct Professor (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

ProsOne of the few places where you can teach with a Masters Degree, rather than a Doctorate Degree. Teaching can be rewarding when students put forth the effort. Faculty have some flexibility in scheduling classes, although often requests to teach were very last minute.

ConsMy local area campus (Detroit) was very disorganized. Students were unprepared for college, expected to get their degree too easily, and did not read/study for class. Faculty were expected to clock in and out - I have never been asked to do that before!

Enrollment Advisor

Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: People that I work with have had strong values and… Cons: Leadership has little direction and a lack of strategy planning… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

At least I got a free, somewhat of an, Education

Finance Counselor (Former Employee)
    Gardena, CA

I worked at University of Phoenix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You only have to pay like $40 a class. You are able to… Cons: A lot of pressure to collect money, retain students and go… Advice to Senior Management: Honestly, give your employees that are constantly dealing with students, more money. Those in management or directors position… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on University of Phoenix.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Phoenix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Phoenix CEO Dr. William Pepicello. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Phoenix employees.