University of Phoenix

www.phoenix.edu

Great benefits, professional management, wonderful benefits. Salary (not hourly)+overtime pay.

Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsRaises are annual base on percentage 1% to 5% based on performance. No need to clock-in/out. Managers don't make you feel guilty for calling in sick, 5 weeks on vacation annually...WOW! Trusting non-micromanagers. Therefore, I never feel like I'm walking on eggshells. Observes 10 paid holidays.Fair treatment of employees in the Student Services department. Great benefits. Flexible scheduling. Not a whole lot of politics in this dept. Stability in Student Services dept. Professional and helpful team of coworkers and managers. We are treated with respect.

ConsThey want the best employees for LOW pay. Expect priceless benefits like positive culture but don't expect competitive pay. UOP pays employees below market salary rate. Growth in the Bay Area is so competitive that you will likely have to relocate in order to grow. Student Services Coordinator position is under a glass ceiling which hinders promotional growth. That is, unless you have a close relationship with hiring manager. "kissing butt" is required to move up in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a career plan for employees so they are allowed to grow. Coach them. Increase compensation at $40K starting since Apollo Group starts receptionists at $40K minimum.

Job not a career

Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at University of Phoenix

Pros: Great job if your looking for "free" education. Remember to consider the other areas you are missing out on… Cons: Company has become very bureaucratic and there is limited opportunity in actually climbing the corporate ladder here unless you are in the "in crowd" with… Advice to Senior Management: Some of the upper management seem very incompetent. Some management perform meetings in a very unprofessional manner. There… More

Asked to be a sales person and not a counselor

Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at University of Phoenix

Pros: Best reason to work for University of Phoenix- Education Benefits for self and family. Very good health care package-… Cons: The biggest downside to working at University of Phoenix is the Big Brother aspect. They track everything, every bathroom break, time you clock in,… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to management is to interact with the employees, not management. And to remember that for every item you use to determine pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Phoenix.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!