University of Pittsburgh

www.pitt.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of Pittsburgh

Working at the University of Pittsburgh is an educational experience with many rewards.

Current Employee - Administrator I in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Administrator I in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at University of Pittsburgh full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Educational benefits for employees and their families.
Pitt ID badge permits full time Pat Transit transport convenience allowing access to Pittsburgh's cultural district.
Growing and developing area creates many new opportunities for employees and students.
Beautiful buildings with historical value.

Cons

Traffic congestion with limited parking. Limited parking increases parking costs.
Increased company benefits lowers the salary level. Salaries and wage increases dependent on the state government which causes issues in the availability of yearly raises.

Including staff recomendations in area updates can improve efficiency and productivity. Keeping unit communication open for past and future decisions allows staff to function under a more positive work environment.

384 Other Employee Reviews for University of Pittsburgh (View Most Recent)

The University of Pittsburgh offers very good benefits along with a good salary.

Former Employee - Facility Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Facility Supervisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at University of Pittsburgh full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, paid time off, a 401K plan, as well as tuition assistance. The salary is decent, especially as you move up the ranks. Our department and the university both took great pride in exceeding standards.

Cons

The budget allocated to our department seemed to leave us short on the staff numbers we felt we needed.

One piece of advice would be to spend more time asking the staff in entry level positions for their opinions on the equipment and procedures in place.

Great variety of positions available, not the best salaries, but good benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at University of Pittsburgh full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits: health care, dental, vision, education, good retirement matching program (matching 1:1 for three years, after three years 1.5:1), good location in the city

Cons

Parking is difficult to find/pricey, traffic can be bad during events and construction, Salary increases (sometimes frozen) not quite keeping pace with inflation.

If the office culture at some of the departments relaxed a little, it would make it a much more enjoyable place to work. Incentive programs to live healthier would encourage people to make healthier choices while decreasing health insurance costs. Make the education benefits for full-time staff cover up to 9 credits instead of eight (most classes are three-four credits).

There are newer employer reviews for University of Pittsburgh