University of Pittsburgh
www.pitt.edu Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Great staff

Research Assistant III (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThere are numerous opportunities to continue your education and training. Benefits are excellent! Healthcare and free bus pass. Also, there are plenty of opportunities to attend games and arts venues with half-priced tickets.

ConsMost of the research assistant jobs are grant funded so be prepared to only have a temporary position in most cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore faculty and staff mixers. The picnic is great but that may be the only time you get to see everyone in the department.

good research

I have been working at University of Pittsburgh

Pros: good research institute with very high ranking in US Cons: high funding pressures that professors need fund to pay partial… More

Working at The University of Pittsburgh Taught Me Many Things

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Pittsburgh

Pros: One of the best reasons to work at The University of Pittsburgh is so… Cons: The University of Pittsburgh is content to promise you opportunity and never deliver. After speaking with many… Advice to Senior Management: Gorden Gee with all his faults at The Ohio State University was approachable and you got a sense that he was not only interested in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on University of Pittsburgh.

Worked for University of Pittsburgh? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Pittsburgh reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Pittsburgh CEO Mark A. Nordenberg. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Pittsburgh employees.