There are newer employer reviews for University of Southern California

Positive experience with lots of opportunities to build my own skill set through free units, workshops, events, etc.

Current Employee - Program Assistant  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Program Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at University of Southern California full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at a university gives you access to an array of educational (obviously) tools and events that help one strengthen one's skill set and widen one's network easily. Exciting events and things to do at all times ... life as if one is a student, only now you're getting paid!

Cons

Having to negotiate between different Schools -- different internal systems, bureaucracy, dissolving departments, faculty/co-workers coming and going.

Learn about who'd been there before you from those who have seen changes and can advise you on what may be next, who you should know, why you don't want to create fissures

575 Other Employee Reviews for University of Southern California (View Most Recent)

Good experience, low salary as I am only a student...

Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at University of Southern California part-time for less than a year

Pros

As a Ph.D student here, really do not have much to say. However, the experience is really valuable and I have learned a lot here compared with Ph.D experience heard from other friends.

Cons

The salary for RA and TA in our department is relatively low compared with other department. What's more, for TA job, we need to be sufferred from high load work.

The teaching assistants have done too much work which should be done by professors....

Worked at Health Science Campus. Good benefits including great retirement plan kept me there for over 10 years

Former Employee - Clinician  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Clinician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at University of Southern California full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Access to great continuing educational opportunties and some great minds (some dead wood also, but great overall). For some, great career path opportunities if you are a team player.

Cons

Politics often over-rules common sense. Salary low to middling (sometimes subject to research grant limitations).

It's almost a given that management in health care and clinical staff have conflicts. NOTHING I could say would have an impact.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Southern California

Worked for University of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!