Great School, Great Mission

Former Employee - Student Worker in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Student Worker in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at University of Southern California part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Retirement account even for student workers, close-knit environment with access to mid/upper management that doesn't exist in a lot of organizations

Cons

career managers in higher ed are, in general, not in the private sector for a reason. Sometimes those reasons are altruistic and good, sometimes it's because they simply cannot hack it when put under pressure to provide results. This is true at every school and it's true at USC. There is cumbersome bureaucracy and red tape that you would not expect at a private institution.

Advice to Management

The ambitions and goals are lofty and excellent. The students are great and get better every year. The resources are enviable. The only self-inflicted obstacle to USC's advancement is a disconnect between those visions and goals at the top, and the execution on the ground by the staff.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. One of the best jobs I had so far.

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at University of Southern California full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are flexible, benefit include, health (with USC doctors as a choice), dental and vision. The stress is very low and superior are extremely understanding. There is a great sense of community and opportunity to farther your education for free if you decide to. Additionally, your children can get their education for free if you work for 2 years and they get accepted to USC.

Cons

So far I have no encountered anything yet and I been working here for 8 months.

Advice to Management

I think management have done a great job. I am appreciative of how well they treat you and they listen to you. There is a feeling they are more of your friends, rather than your supervisors. This is a good thing, because you feel encourage to seek help from them without feeling like you're a nausea.

2. Great

I have been working at University of Southern California

Pros

i study at here, so it's good for me.

Cons

no, just work for professor, he is very nice