University of Tennessee Health Science Center

www.uthsc.edu

Decent place to work.

Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGreat benefits, annual leave, sick leave, and personal day are earned in addition to paid holidays. Provide tuition assistance, employee assistance program, various training and learning opportunities.

ConsPay and some members of managment. I feel like the faculty defintely have the upper hand. If you are administrative support personnel, there are not many opportunities for advancement. The pay could also be better or at least pay you reasonably for your experience and education.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowlege employees when doing a good job more or a small acknowledgement period would be good. My immediate supervisor doesn't even say good morning or hello to her employees in the morning. She has to walk right by us and doesn't even look up.

It's not goverment work until it is done more than once.

Cytogenetic Technologist (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

I have been working at University of Tennessee Health Science Center

Pros: Once hired impossible to get fired. Cons: HR/administration is completly useless. Screwup ALL paperwork repeatedly.The university REALLY… Advice to Senior Management: Clean house. Take inventory of what your faculty and especially… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If I could go back in time...

Director (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

I worked at University of Tennessee Health Science Center

Pros: Benefits...great benefits. Time off is fantastic. The institution shuts down the week of Christmas and New Years. The day after thanksgiving… Cons: Government job. Incompetence runs throughout the organization and it doesn't skip… Advice to Senior Management: Saying something is a waste of my time. They would never… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Tennessee Health Science Center.

Worked for University of Tennessee Health Science Center? Contribute to the Community!