University of Tennessee Health Science Center

www.uthsc.edu
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for University of Tennessee Health Science Center

Decent place to work.

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at University of Tennessee Health Science Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, annual leave, sick leave, and personal day are earned in addition to paid holidays. Provide tuition assistance, employee assistance program, various training and learning opportunities.

Cons

Pay and some members of managment. I feel like the faculty defintely have the upper hand. If you are administrative support personnel, there are not many opportunities for advancement. The pay could also be better or at least pay you reasonably for your experience and education.

Advice to Management

Acknowlege employees when doing a good job more or a small acknowledgement period would be good. My immediate supervisor doesn't even say good morning or hello to her employees in the morning. She has to walk right by us and doesn't even look up.

Other Employee Reviews for University of Tennessee Health Science Center

It's not goverment work until it is done more than once.

Current Employee - Cytogenetic Technologist in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Cytogenetic Technologist in Memphis, TN

Pros

Once hired impossible to get fired.

Cons

HR/administration is completly useless. Screwup ALL paperwork repeatedly.The university REALLY needs to "clean house". Waste of taxpayers' money.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Take inventory of what your faculty and especially staff REALLY do and how productive they REALLY are.

2. If I could go back in time...

Former Employee - Director in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Director in Memphis, TN

Pros

Benefits...great benefits. Time off is fantastic. The institution shuts down the week of Christmas and New Years. The day after thanksgiving as well. 2 vacation days a month and one sick day too. Thus, you almost get five weeks vacation time a year.

Cons

Government job. Incompetence runs throughout the organization and it doesn't skip levels of hierarchy. There are Dumb @$$ from top to bottom.

Advice to Management

Saying something is a waste of my time. They would never listen anyway, thus, this is my twenty words summed: You Suck...