University of Tennessee Health Science Center

www.uthsc.edu
  www.uthsc.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of Tennessee Health Science Center

Just Depressing.

I have been working at University of Tennessee Health Science Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You can literally do ANYTHING (or nothing at all) and not get fired.

Cons

Generally low pay even for Memphis - St. Jude pays about 60% more for equivalent hourly positions and has better benefits. Administration will listen to employee feedback, yet nothing is ever done. Most administrative staff are incompetent and offices constantly lose paperwork. No workplace culture. Generally, UTHSC is just a very frustrating place to work and there are no real "pros" that can distract you from how miserable this place is.

Get rid of people who are incompetent or train them and hold them to higher standards. Make an effort to actually follow through on suggestions after asking for employee feedback.

18 Other Employee Reviews for University of Tennessee Health Science Center (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Current Employee - Research Data Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Research Data Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at University of Tennessee Health Science Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to work, you get time to learn new things.

Cons

Academic institute salary will be less than the avergage

The University of Tennessee Knoxville is a very friendly environment

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Working for the Graduate School of Medicine at UTMC has been a wonderful experience! This position has taught me how to be responsible - since someone isn't standing over me telling me what to do. Nothing feels better when you get to pat yourself on the back for completing a task with no guidance. This job has given me numerous opportunities... I'm very blessed!

Cons

The Graduate School offers to pay for tuition at Tennessee colleges (university and community) - the only problem is some departments let you work different schedules to attend class while others do not!

Keep up the good job!