University of Tennessee Health Science Center

www.uthsc.edu
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for University of Tennessee Health Science Center

not good place to work as researcher

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at University of Tennessee Health Science Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

Cons

unstable position, low salary, etc

18 Other Employee Reviews for University of Tennessee Health Science Center (View Most Recent)

Biomedical Research for the Future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at University of Tennessee Health Science Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nice benefits and work environment.

Cons

Flexible work schedule is practically unheard of.

Be open and listen to employees. To institute a great place to work, you must be willing to implement employee suggestions.

Decent place to work.

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Memphis, TN

Pros

Great benefits, annual leave, sick leave, and personal day are earned in addition to paid holidays. Provide tuition assistance, employee assistance program, various training and learning opportunities.

Cons

Pay and some members of managment. I feel like the faculty defintely have the upper hand. If you are administrative support personnel, there are not many opportunities for advancement. The pay could also be better or at least pay you reasonably for your experience and education.

Acknowlege employees when doing a good job more or a small acknowledgement period would be good. My immediate supervisor doesn't even say good morning or hello to her employees in the morning. She has to walk right by us and doesn't even look up.