University of Tennessee Medical Center

www.utmedicalcenter.org

Good Ole Boys Club

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers were caring and hard working individuals. Lots of great staff and doctors. Only Level 1 trauma service in town so there are a lot of interesting patients and cases. Lots of residents and educational programs which bring a lot of bright and interesting people rotating through.

ConsSenior Management and VP's are all numbers driven and all about the "good ole boys" club. There is a token female CNO but the men are truly in charge. The culture is stifling for the regular workers. Everyone is afraid to say anything because of retaliation.

Advice to Senior ManagementUntil the Board of Directors wakes up and realizes that everything has a shelf life and changes out the senior management, the culture will continue to be awful.

Excellent place for carer development.

Assistant Professor (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of Tennessee Medical Center

Pros: Excellent place for carer development. Cons: Politics and bureaucracy in the management are very difficult sometimes. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

if you want to experience the medical field

Ekg Monitor Tech (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

I have been working at University of Tennessee Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Medical insurance, discounted food, 45 min lunch Cons: No social life on night shift, can be stressful, management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Tennessee Medical Center.

Worked for University of Tennessee Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!