University of Tennessee Medical Center

www.utmedicalcenter.org

Malfunction Junction

Pros

Watching medical residents learn and grow, some of the staff that work there are very hard workers and care deeply about their work, it was a good feeling in the air on Fridays before UT Football Game Saturdays. I had a lot of pride working there because of the UT name even though there really isn't a UT connection.

Cons

They will work you to death and use you up if you aren't careful, Upper Management really doesn't seem to care they only want the numbers to look good, they let the good and caring people go and keep the yes sir people, even some of the good doctors have left because of this. There are staff there that were university employees before UTMC privatized and they are constantly complaining about everything; that gets old. Everyone is afraid for their jobs all the time. The leaders have done nothing over the years to break down silo's between departments.

Please leave and let some new blood in from outside UTMC. You all have been there far too long. You yourself said that upper management should change over every five years when you first came in; that was over ten years ago. Other than that, I would say you need a complete culture change from what you have now, which is very dictatorial, to more of a true team based transparent approach where goals and obtainable and everyone works hard together (shared accountability) to reach them. Break down the silo's!

Other reviews for University of Tennessee Medical Center

Program Coordinator

Former Employee - Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Houston, TX

Pros

It was a job to help pay bills

Cons

No room for career growth

Great Experience

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Aid  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Aid in Knoxville, TN

Pros

I was a CNA floater. If I preferred a particular floor they worked with me to stay on the floor as long as possible. Also, since I was in school they were very accommodating to my schedule.

Cons

Sometimes I would be scheduled for multiple floors at the same time as a scheduling error and get yelled at like it was my fault. It finally got worked out though.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Tennessee Medical Center.

Worked for University of Tennessee Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!