There are newer employer reviews for University of Texas at Arlington

Contract great, UTA management lackluster.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Austin, TX

I have been working at University of Texas at Arlington as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The contract company I work for is friendly and supportive. The daily work I complete is challenging and interesting. The benefits are ample and continued education is supported.

Cons

The management is incredibly slack. Human resource services are slow and unresponsive. I received a copy of my offer letter one week after signing on and while my benefits had to be enrolled in within a one month period no one provided any paperwork on it. There has been a complete lack of assistance for all new hires based on what I have seen and experienced.

Advice to Management

Start advocating for your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I had the opportunity to meet great people, and further my experience during my time as a student.

Current Employee - Student Worker in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Student Worker in Arlington, TX

I have been working at University of Texas at Arlington part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I had a chance to work with are very supportive and flexible. The university is supportive of its student employees. Many of the student employees I have worked with have found jobs immediately after graduation.

Cons

There are not many cons regarding working at UT Arlington, aside from the response time from the administration. However, being a large school, it is expected.

2. Very nice people/staff and professors, but lack of quality in student intake and maybe as a result, the coursework.

Former Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Arlington, TX

I worked at University of Texas at Arlington part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very friendly professors and staff. Willingness to help you out at any cost. Great department chairperson. Easy coursework. Easy 4.0

Cons

Quality and rank is low. Simply being nice doesn't help the students in the real sense. UTA are finding themselves slip down the ranks and one must seriously weight options before they take UTA.

Advice to Management

Try to hire more quality, young, tenure-track faculty. Increase the standards of intake.