There are newer employer reviews for University of Texas at Austin

Teaching Assistant- in the college of natural sciences

Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at University of Texas at Austin full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will meet some of the friendliest people in your life. My instructor with whom I work is very supportive. She eventually became my mentor. The department that I worked for was small, but still, the experience was incredible.

Cons

Not too many downsides. I was working more hours than I was supposed to. Also, it was difficult getting a day off from work.

reviews filtered by
  1. Graduate Research Assistantship at Plasma Research Lab.

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at University of Texas at Austin full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work Autonomy, Competitive peers, Flexible timings.

Cons

None I could fathom. May be, the Teaching Assitantship (which most graduate students do) sucks up a lot of your time.

2. Good benefits and work/life balance for IT staff. Diversity and academic personalities.

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer/Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer/Analyst in Austin, TX

Pros

You can take part in many types of fitness, academic, etc programs and classes working at UT. Employee benefits are good. You start out getting 8 hours of vacation and 8 sick per month and vacation time grows when you are there longer. I work in IT and since it's a large organization there is a lot of room to grow and move around. I've been on a couple of different teams over the past six years.

Cons

Parking is a nightmare! Sometimes you can get the state worker mentality on your team (apathetic, clock in clock out, no interest in innovation) and it is hard to get rid of them because of the nature of the workplace.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Texas at Austin