University of Toronto
www.utoronto.ca Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Teaching Assistant Position - Engineering

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe teaching assistant position at U of T varies greatly on your professor. Some of the positives are that you become an expert in the courses you teach. It is also nice to interact with some of students and try to open their minds. It's great if you want to pursue a career in teaching later on. The compensation and benefits are excellent as well!

ConsLike I said, the position highly depends on the professor. In my case, I had to completely prepare lesson plans. This takes a lot of time and you are not compensated for the extra time needed for this.

Amazing and very fun.

Research Assistant (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at University of Toronto as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Really fun and a great opportunity to learn from the very best especially the professors… Cons: The work environment is set up in cubicles in where I worked so it wasn't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Large place, sink or swim

Graduate Student (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at University of Toronto full-time for more than a year

Pros: brand is strong in canada, good reputation world-wide. very strong academically.… Cons: sink or swim. no mentorship. departments don't care about how fast students finish on time.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on University of Toronto.

Worked for University of Toronto? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Toronto reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Toronto CEO Meric Gertler. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Toronto employees.