University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics

healthcare.utah.edu/hospital
  healthcare.utah.edu/hospital
There are newer employer reviews for University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics

This is a really good place to work

Current Employee - Outpatient Service Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Outpatient Service Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are good, this includes healthcare, wellness programs, retirement programs, free trax pass, vacation and sick time; all these are equal to or surpass the private sector. The pay is equal or better than the private sector, at least at the entry level. I like the culture of the hospital.

Cons

There is a large bureaucracy to deal with of course, the HR website is a nightmare and the hospital is out of the way.

Make the HR website more user friendly

59 Other Employee Reviews for University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics (View Most Recent)

It was fun while it lasted...

Current Employee - Outpatient Services in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Outpatient Services in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Everyday was a interesting day in this stressful environment.

Cons

* Management got stricter and stricter every month.
    * Ugly uniforms
    * WE ARE NOT FLIGHT ATTENDANTS !

Who in their right mind would let their OSS wear those stupid uniforms. Long sleeve shirts with that ugly sweater vest... A University of Utah polo shirt would like more professional to the patients. I remember everyday my patients would ask me why am i working those ugly things.

Not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, advancement opportunities, pretty stable employment

Cons

Lack of appreciation to employees, lack of supervisory support especially when there is a need to hire more support

I really did love my job but as the department grew so did the workload. I'm not one that turns away extra responsibilities but there comes a time when you have to set limits and ask for help. I did ask for help for a long time before I finally got it. By then I was completely burned out.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics