There are newer employer reviews for University of Utah

Good experience as a Grad Student, experience depends on the department

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at University of Utah

Pros

With this job you get direct interaction with students and it will definitely let you know if you should go into teaching or even pursue a PhD

Cons

The grading workload can be heavy sometimes, especially near exam time. You may be asked to TA for several classes, so that may be overwhelming for those not prepared for that.

Do a review of how the TAs are doing every semester, and pair class responsibilities with the student interests if possible.

239 Other Employee Reviews for University of Utah (View Most Recent)

The research opportunity was once in a lifetime.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at University of Utah

Pros

I was able to be actively involved and contribute to research that has helped countless peoples lives all over the globe.

Cons

The pay was not very good. I did not have my own personal working space. I was not taken seriously for graduate school.

The management that I dealt with was very satisfactory. I loved everyone that I worked with and had an excellent time.

The U never seems to get there as far as taking care of staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at University of Utah

Pros

Stable place to work with a decent benefits package. Close proximity to many different outdoor recreation opportunities. World class health care with new and expanding specialties and facilities.

Cons

Opportunities for growth and development are limited. Reliance on state funding and adherence to keeping the status quo limit career options and make it difficult to advance both professionally and financially. Staff leadership at both the University and hospital are stagnate.

Infighting and pettiness among leaders needs to stop. Team work, collaboration and a desire to make this a successful place for staff to thrive, grow and advance would make this a great place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Utah

Worked for University of Utah? Contribute to the Community!