University of Vermont
www.uvm.edu Burlington, VT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Though staff salaries have been stagnant, you otherwise find a high degree of respect from management.

Student Support Generalist (Current Employee)
Burlington, VT

ProsRespect from my supervisor and a high degree of autonomy are among the best reasons to work here. The campus environment is one of high student activism, and I like that, too.

ConsSalaries haven't changed for staff for nearly a decade. Meanwhile, faculty and top administrators continue to get great raises. Good for them, bad for us. There are actually two staff union movements going on campus right now. Though I've never really cared about union activity before, I'm hoping that one of the movements gets made official so that we can bargain for higher wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to preach social justice, then live it yourselves. If you're going to ask staff members' opinions, then please listen rather than just check off that box stating "Asked staff what they thought." We can tell when you're just blowing us off, and it makes for a less-happy workforce.

Okay for the short term, but not a place for a career

Laboratory Research Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Vermont

Pros: - Can take up to 15 credits worth of classes for… Cons: - Virtually no opportunity for career advancement - Human resources department is disorganized and rude. Employees constantly must fight with HR to correct mistakes made to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The supervisor and the team makes or breaks the experience.

Residential Adviser (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Vermont

Pros: Amazing variety of supervisors and a good work environment for all the… Cons: They must practice what they preach Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the RAs Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Vermont.

Worked for University of Vermont? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Vermont reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Vermont CEO Tom Sullivan. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Vermont employees.