There are newer employer reviews for University of Vermont

Great location, terrible weather

Former Employee - Research Assistant  in  Burlington, VT
Former Employee - Research Assistant in Burlington, VT

I worked at University of Vermont part-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful and unique location. Good benefits package. The university is one of the most green in the country. Good students and staff to collaborate with.

Cons

Overcrowded city with no parking, terrible weather, and limited opportunities elsewhere. Low salary for level of education, and high living costs.

40 Other Employee Reviews for University of Vermont (View Most Recent)

UVM

Current Employee - Business Manager  in  Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Burlington, VT

I have been working at University of Vermont full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great vacation and health benefits
    good culturee for career growth

Cons

Lack of structure
    Average salar and /wages

More face to face time with staff

Though staff salaries have been stagnant, you otherwise find a high degree of respect from management.

Current Employee - Student Support Generalist  in  Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Student Support Generalist in Burlington, VT

I have been working at University of Vermont full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Respect from my supervisor and a high degree of autonomy are among the best reasons to work here. The campus environment is one of high student activism, and I like that, too.

Cons

Salaries haven't changed for staff for nearly a decade. Meanwhile, faculty and top administrators continue to get great raises. Good for them, bad for us. There are actually two staff union movements going on campus right now. Though I've never really cared about union activity before, I'm hoping that one of the movements gets made official so that we can bargain for higher wages.

If you're going to preach social justice, then live it yourselves. If you're going to ask staff members' opinions, then please listen rather than just check off that box stating "Asked staff what they thought." We can tell when you're just blowing us off, and it makes for a less-happy workforce.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Vermont

Worked for University of Vermont? Contribute to the Community!