University of Vermont

www.uvm.edu

Good place for research, exciting city in which to live.

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) Burlington, VT

ProsResearch is promoted by administration that is helpful - IRB works with scientists to get research approved, for example. Very fast turnaround on IRB proposals, requests for technology access, and just simply great service when you need it.

ConsBudgetary constraints have handcuffed research in odd ways. Specifically it is difficult to get updated computers - I use my own laptop as the early 2000s era Mac in my office can't run a spreadsheet large enough for my data, let alone a more sophisticated statistical package.

Advice to Senior ManagementBudget for technology infrastructure upgrades in the overhead costs from grants (honestly, F&A is up to nearly 50%, it's ridiculous to have so much backdated technology with so much cash flow from grants).

UVM

Business Manager (Current Employee) Burlington, VT

I have been working at University of Vermont full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great vacation and health benefits good culturee for career growth Cons: Lack of structure Average salar and /wages Advice to Senior Management: More face to face time with staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great location, terrible weather

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Burlington, VT

I worked at University of Vermont part-time for more than a year

Pros: Beautiful and unique location. Good benefits package. The university is one of the… Cons: Overcrowded city with no parking, terrible weather, and limited opportunities… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Vermont.

Worked for University of Vermont? Contribute to the Community!