University of Virginia Health System

hsc.virginia.edu
  hsc.virginia.edu
There are newer employer reviews for University of Virginia Health System

My experience doing cancer research at UVa has been satisfying and fulfilling.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at University of Virginia Health System

Pros

Performing cancer research is very challenging intellectually and very rewarding because the advances made in my research have the potential to lead to improvements in cancer therapy. In my current lab, my supervisor is extremely helpful to me in my work and cares very much about his workers and this helps me to be productive and to enjoy my work.

Cons

The parking system here is a major hassle. I have to pay over $200 a year to park in a remote lot, and then wait on shuttle buses (which are almost always late) to drive me to my building. It takes too much time and it is frustrating to deal with every day.

22 Other Employee Reviews for University of Virginia Health System (View Most Recent)

Not a horrible place to work, but was glad to leave

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at University of Virginia Health System

Pros

UVA has a great staff of excellent nurses and physicians. I was proud to be a part of such expertise and knowledge. The nursing staff were some of the most educated and proficient I've ever worked with. The physicians were overall very collaborative with the nursing staff and I felt supported by the attending physicians at all times.

Cons

Collaboration across departments was rare and each nursing unit felt that they were truly the only ones who mattered. Department transfers of patients was almost never smooth and the sense of isolation was very uncomfortable.

Collaborate with other departments more. Spend more time seeing what challenges other departments are faced with and work with the managers to resolve them instead of blaming the other department for "not doing their job".

An amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at University of Virginia Health System

Pros

The University of Virginia Health Systems provides a competitive place to work and encourages career growth within the departement. They offer a great benefit package.

Cons

The University of Virginia Health Systems main drawback is parking. Free parking is offered, but is a 15 minute bus ride from the hospital.

Employees are very fairly treated, and all decisions are based on opinions of all staff members, not just upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Virginia Health System