There are newer employer reviews for University of Washington

Lab Research

Current Employee - Laboratory Assistant in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Laboratory Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at University of Washington full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The University of Washington research has a good reputation and provides opportunities for cutting-edge research in medicine with many collaborators available for performing quality work.

Cons

The campus is large, making it difficult to find others to connect and collaborate with. This may also be a downside because depending upon the position, there is a lot of walking between departments and campus buildings.

600 Other Employee Reviews for University of Washington (View Most Recent)

Student Assistant

Current Employee - Student Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Student Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at University of Washington part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work schedule. Easy job. It is good to be able to work any hours I want to be able to study if needs be.

Cons

The computer systems are old and poorly set up. The printers are a pain and take a lot of maintenance. Getting a bunch of errands that take precedence over others for no good reason.

Listen to the boss, he is not the most knowledgeable about computing though.

Great opportunity for research

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at University of Washington part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.

Cons

Research assistants need to be committed to the research, so it is best to manage your time properly and love what you choose.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Washington