University of Washington
www.washington.edu Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

It was fine.

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsThe pros are that you get to work on interesting projects and take tuition waived classes that lead to an advanced degree.

ConsThe cons are that the pay is extremely low and the work is done very inefficiently, resulting in very little work getting done per hour spent working.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither increase funding for research assistants or accept fewer students. Randomly running out of funding for a student in the middle of his/her degree is not acceptable.

Great place to do great things

Systems Analyst, Programmer (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at University of Washington as an intern for less than a year

Pros: It is a great place to work, one of the best schools in… Cons: I had some problems with my paperwork for my payroll. I thought I had all taken care of, but now… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Teaching at UW great experience

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Washington part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: World-class access to research and intellectual capital opportunities Cons: UW is becoming an elite world-class institution which generates increased… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to serve the American public Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on University of Washington.

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Washington reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Washington CEO Michael K. Young. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Washington employees.