UW is a great institution for research and education.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at University of Washington full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits. Knowledgeable colleagues. Great academic and educational environment.

Cons

Complex support structure for administrative issues.

Other Reviews for University of Washington

Continuing Education Coordinator

Former Employee - Continuing Education Coordinator  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Continuing Education Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at University of Washington full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of the best parts of working for a university is the dedication and commitment to personal professional development. The University has ample opportunity to explore learning opportunities. There are many opportunities to advance in your selected career within the university. There is a great deal of diversity and a commitment to growing the diversity of the faculty, staff and student body.

Cons

One challenge at the university is working through all the bureaucratic red tape. It can be difficult to change processes.

I was a graduate student and am now a research scientist and I have enjoyed both aspects of working at UW.

Current Employee - Research Scientist
    Current Employee - Research Scientist

I have been working at University of Washington full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are amazing with increasing vacation accrual the longer you stay, reasonable sick leave, and fantastic retirement benefits. If you enjoy working in an academic environment where you're surrounded by other researchers and many fascinating projects, you will enjoy working at UW. The UPASS is an amazingly affordable and convenient way to get to campus. Many positions that are hiring prefer to hire from the pool of current UW employees so once you're in the system, there are many opportunities for alternative employment.

Cons

It can be annoying trying to navigate campus in-between class periods when student traffic is high. However, that is when I have to remind myself I'm working on a college campus.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Washington.

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!