University of Washington

www.washington.edu

Good and bad at the U--staff review (not faculty)

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsReally depends on your department. Overall it is challenging to overcome the bureaucracy and feel like you can really get things done. Quality of life is great. Out the door at 5 on the dot. Great benefits=golden handcuffs.

ConsVery siloed environment. Initiative is not encouraged or rewarded. Many people have stayed too long, don't want to lose their benefits and don't have much drive.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen yourselves up to change. Utilize performance reviews to acknowledge good performance and work to improve sub-par work. Encourage employees to develop within their roles.

Fine for students

I have been working at University of Washington part-time for more than a year

Pros: Balance class and work schedules. Diverse group of coworkers Cons: Hard to get sick days covered. No helpful training. More

Good and relax working experience

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at University of Washington part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great and nice teammates and flexible time schedule are provided by supervisor. I have work-study… Cons: I think the downside is it's not a competitive environment like industrial company. It's good… More
There are newer reviews on University of Washington.

Worked for University of Washington? Contribute to the Community!