University of Waterloo
uwaterloo.ca Waterloo, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

A fun and relaxing workplace atmosphere

HRMS Project Assistant (Current Employee)
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at University of Waterloo full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking for the University has its pros. The workplace atmosphere is very relaxed and the people you work with are awesome.

Since you are already here at the University you have the opportunity to take classes (if your employer agrees) and other development courses in leadership etc.

ConsThe University pays their students based on their own salary's depending on faculty and year. It is not bad pay but I believe you would get paid more working for a company outside the university.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay and always consider allowing students to take at least 1 course during their coop. Also give them that extra time to focus on their work-report and PD courses too!

Research Assistant

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at University of Waterloo part-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent opportunity to network and earn a very decent wage to… Cons: Can interfere with your studies if you don't manage your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

phd

Phd (Current Employee)

I have been working at University of Waterloo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: good reputation, small city is good for living, well educated… Cons: everything is messed, lack of organization Advice to Senior Management: improve the online system More

There are newer reviews on University of Waterloo.

Worked for University of Waterloo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Waterloo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Waterloo CEO Feridun Hamdullahpur. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Waterloo employees.