University of Waterloo
www.uwaterloo.ca Waterloo, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Best academic place I have been in

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee)
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

ProsVery active student community,
An attitude to go beyond the present state of the art
A environment where ideas come to people
Guidance and mentoring for budding entrepreneurs

I have worked under a number of professors over the years as a teaching assistant. Their attitude towards life and work resonated with my own views and I liked it very much.

I have heard some people, especially who have some experience living / working in US, say bad things about this place, mostly over-emphasizing on the problems listed below, but most of them do that because they forget the other benefits of living in the KW region, e.g. (living costs, lesser and milder traffic, supporting environment and lots of regional support for people with families)

ConsDistance from a major city (Toronto)
Transportation, especially in winter and in late night

Good experience, but I didn't get to learn a lot.

Undergraduate Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Waterloo as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The people are great to work with. Cons: The work wasn't very interesting. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Innovation-based work environment

I have been working at University of Waterloo

Pros: The bright-minded people you get to meet or work with all the time. The wide-open window… Cons: Routine managerial processes can be sometimes painful. Also, sometimes it can be effortful for someone to find people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on University of Waterloo.

Worked for University of Waterloo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Waterloo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for University of Waterloo CEO Feridun Hamdullahpur. All reviews posted anonymously by University of Waterloo employees.