University of Wisconsin-Madison

There are newer employer reviews for University of Wisconsin-Madison

awsome place!

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Madison, WI
Current Employee - Research Scientist in Madison, WI

I have been working at University of Wisconsin-Madison full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

beautiful and nice working environment

Cons

low salary compared to industry jobs

212 Other Employee Reviews for University of Wisconsin-Madison (View Most Recent)

This place rocks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at University of Wisconsin-Madison part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Engineering Professional Development is a really really fun and great place to work

Cons

Off the top of my head, I can not really think of anything I do not like about working for the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Engineering Professional Development.

Good Place to Get a PhD

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Madison, WI

I have been working at University of Wisconsin-Madison full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a highly ranked engineering school in a nice town. While the campus is large (and so is the size of the student body), the graduate student environment is more personable and inviting. There are numerous professional development workshops and seminars to further graduate student's careers.

Cons

The admittance to the graduate school is not transparent. You must meet the minimum requirements for the department before being admitted, even if you know a faculty member will sponsor you. Because of this, I believe many students do not choose to attend UW-Madison because the school either waits to long to extend official offers or never gives applicants a final decision.

Departments should organize events where applicants can visit campus before making their final decision. There should be more opportunities for students to TA; as of now, graduate students can only TA if they need the financial support.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Wisconsin-Madison